Taking care of our guests and staff
Taking care of you is what we’re here for – The health of our guests and staff has always been at the forefront of our decision making.
While some of the details and experiences of your stay will be different, our promise to you is that the feeling you get when you are here will be the same!
Over the last few months, we have taken time to look at ways we can operate in order to provide both you and our team members with confidence that we are doing everything we can to keep you safe and well during your visit to the hotel.
We are implementing many new protocols and as such, this is a living document that will continue to evolve and be updated with the latest government and medical advice, guest feedback and industry best practice.
Here is what to expect during your stay with us, now that life is getting back to a new kind of normal.
We encourage guests to help us maintain a safe environment by:
- Keeping a safe distance – We will be continuing to minimise, to a degree, our numbers of dining tables and still adhere to social distancing wherever we can. Pre booking is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
- Personal hygiene – We’ve provided sanitizing gel in many areas around the hotel as well in each room. Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Use contactless where possible – All major credit & debit cards are accepted as methods of payment and deposit.
- Face Coverings – You will not be required to wear face coverings throughout the hotel when visiting however we encourage guests to wear them in public areas when walking around.
- Your room – Your room will be electrostatically cleaned and disinfected with care before your arrival. Where relevant, guest amenities will be replaced with single-use items to minimise cross contamination – e.g. tissue boxes will be replaced with individual packets. For additional information on cleaning please check housekeeping section.
- Temperature Checks – Your temperature will still be taken upon entry into our hotels based on current government guidance and industry practice. Should your temperature be above 37.8°C, we will advise you to go home and get checked. This is for the safety of you and our staff. We thank you for your cooperation in allowing us to check your temperature and your understanding that should it be above 37.8°C, you will, unfortunately, not be able to stay with us.
- Staying home if you’re unwell – Please stay at home if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell during your stay, contact our reception immediately.
- Key Contact information – We shall be asking you to provide information to comply with Track & Trace / Test & Protect protocol to ensure that we all do our part in saving lives and limiting the spread of the virus.
Public Area’s & Reception
- Please follow guidance given on appropriate traffic flow within the hotel.
- Foot traffic is being managed by limiting the number of reservations we accept and managing the number of guests allowed into the hotel at any given time.
- Hand sanitizer is available and accessible at all times at entry points.
- Screens are placed at reception to ensure social distancing is maintained between our guests and hotel staff, and are regularly disinfected.
- All guestroom keys are disinfected before and after use.
- Leaflets, magazines and publications will no longer be available in all public areas. Instead, these will be available from reception for your own personal use.
- Our team regularly clean the reception area, including disinfecting all surfaces after guest’s check-in and check-out.
- We have invested in electrostatic disinfectant sprays for deep cleaning once guests have departed.
- All linen is done in house and therefore is not shared with any other hotel and is thermally disinfected during the washing and ironing process, adhering to UK healthcare standards.
- We have adopted a flexible cleaning frequency as per our guest’s preference. Guests can choose when checking in to have their room cleaned as they wish during their stay.
- If you require any additional items such as towels to your room, call our reception desk and we will bring your requested items to your room.
- Our already comprehensive cleaning practices have been further developed following the pandemic and we regularly disinfect surfaces and upholstery using anti-bacterial and virus killing chemicals/agents.
- High contact surfaces (communal handles, elevator buttons, counters, etc.) are disinfected on a regular basis.
Our Restaurant and Bar
- We will still be working on booking slots for breakfast and will continue to serve the buffet items to avoid unnecessary contact points
- We will be continuing to minimise, to a degree, our numbers of dining tables and still adhere to social distancing wherever we can. Pre booking is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
- Guests will not be required to wear face coverings throughout the hotel when visiting however we encourage guests to wear them in public areas when walking around.
- We have increased all hygiene training across all areas of the team.
- There are new operating procedures for cleaning and sanitising all areas throughout the hotel, which is adhered to by all team members.
- All our front desk team and housekeeping teams have access to protective equipment during their daily job requirements (face coverings, disposable gloves).
- Where appropriate, our Team members who have not been vaccinated will still continue to wear face coverings in service to protect themselves and our guests.
- All staff will have their temperature checked on arrival for their shift and the results will be recorded in a confidential document held by our Directors.
- As always, we are here to ensure your stay is as enjoyable and comfortable as possible, so please speak to Reception if you have any concerns or questions during your stay.